Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Movies

I saw many great movies during my vacation (actually I saw them on the plane on my way to and from England!). Among the movies I saw were Iron Man, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, and so on. I'd like to tell you a bit about two of the movies that I really enjoyed: "The Bank Job" and "Flawless". Both movies were similar in that that they involved some kind of robbery: in the Bank Job, safety deposit boxes are robbed; in Flawless, diamonds are stolen. They are both true stories. And they are both set in England during the 1960's or 1970's .

Let me begin by telling you about the "The Bank Job". This is a story about a gang of small time thieves that decide to rob a London bank. The plan is very simple. They dig a tunnel under the city. The thieves are amateurs really, so they make many mistakes. Probably the most serious mistake involves them using "walkie-talkie" radios to contact each other. The police are able to listen in on their conversations. It is this action that makes the movie exciting, I think. Although the plan is very simple the story is quite complicated because it involves member of the Royal Family and Government Officials.

The second movie that I would like to tell you about is "Flawless" and starred Michael Caine and Demi Moore. Like the previous movie this one involved stealing something; in this case diamonds.

No comments: